Here we will bring you a selection of delicious pork recipes that we have tried and enjoyed. We will also give you a cost of producing the dish using our pork (of course!).
We are often asked about cooking times for pork and to be totally honest, we always use Delia Smith as our guide! Her instructions are to give a roast 20 minutes in the oven at Gas Mark 9/245 deg. C, then lower the heat to Gas Mark 5/190 deg. C and continue roasting for 35 minutes to the pound (450 g).
Every oven differs and in ours (a fan oven) I lower the above temperatures by about 10 degrees and this works admirably.
For perfect crackling – dry the skin thoroughly, sprinkle with salt at the last minute – do not put oil/fat near the crackling!
- BBQ Pork Shank
- Chickpea & Sausage Hot Pot
- Deluxe Tomato & Sausage Pasta
- Hungarian Pork Rack – or should we say Irish Pork Rack with Hungarian Spices?
- Irish Pork Chops with Pears
- Irish Pork Chops with Shallots
- Irish Roast Pork with Delicious Crackling
- Irish Pork Burgers
- Irish Sausage Casserole
- Irish Sausage Pasta from Mexican Cook in Ireland
- Irish Sausage Rolls
- Spiced Chinese Pork with Spring Onions & Pak Choi
- Stuffed Irish Pork Steak
- Sweet Tomato and Irish Sausage Bake