As our animals have access to the outdoors at all times, they get plenty of exercise, they forage and root eating a natural diet. To supplement their diet our pigs are also fed a selection of locally grown barley (with no gm additives), excess vegetables from a local market gardener and, molasses and whey when we can source it.
We are passionate about feeding all our stock – hens, ducks, pigs, cats and dogs – a gmo free diet. If you’ve visited us at all, you will know that we strictly adhere to this. We check the source of any feed.
So natural rooting about, organic whey, vegetables and barley…. how’s that for a healthy diet? It naturally produces delicious free-range pork.
Did you know that pigs can be fussy eaters? Yes, we have some who like oranges, one who loves potatoes, and another loves broccoli. It is difficult at times to keep up with their preferences! All of our pigs love bananas and apples. Perky is always trying to figure out ways to get into the orchard!
These are rare breed pigs, living a free-range life, being raised the way nature intended, to provide the world’s tastiest pork and bacon.
We are rather proud of our pork sausages – once you’ve tasted them, you will never eat any other type! Our sausages are free from preservatives.
My answer to those who say “I don’t eat pork” …. you haven’t tasted ours… it is completely different to what is generally available in butchers and supermarkets. Just try it!
We charge €14.50 per kg for all our pork products.
We use a national courier to deliver our meat boxes. Our meat is packed in insulated polystyrene boxes.
- Our meat is delivered frozen (we do not add preservatives to our meat, so freezing is the only way to preserve it) in insulated boxes.
- There is a €10 delivery charge.
- Orders are delivered nationwide Tuesday through to Friday.
- We cannot guarantee time of delivery but we can give you a tracking number for your order.
- We can only deliver products within Ireland.
- The majority of orders (subject to stock availability) are delivered within 2 working days.
- Please supply a telephone number, should the driver need to contact you.
- All deliveries must be signed for by the customer.
And here is a testimonial from one satisfied customer: Oldfarm brilliant would def urge everyone to try this pork…im a big foodie but never really liked pork till i tried this delicious meat. well worth a try. Breda in Birr.